Young Entrepreneurs, Make Your Pitch
Discovery is pleased to host the fifth edition of Young Entrepreneurs, Make Your Pitch, an entrepreneurship competition for Ontario high school students presented in collaboration with the Ontario Centres of Excellence (OCE) and the Ministry of Economic Development and Growth (MEDG) as part of the Youth Jobs Strategy.Twenty finalists, chosen through a combination of public and expert voting based on a two-minute video, will pitch their business ideas in front of a live audience and a judging panel comprised of young, influential entrepreneurs and investors.
Finalists will be chosen from six high school regions, designated by the Ministry of Education, from across Ontario (See Regions).
Based on the live pitches, the judges select six winners who are presented with an award suite of fantastic prizes to take home and reserved entry into the Summer Company program.
For more information visit the contest website.
Bootcamp SpeakersSean Cornelius, Co-Founder and CEO, Contend Social
- GUEST SPEAKER – Make Your Pitch Winner, 2016
- MENTOR – Workshop: Best Pitch Practices
- MENTOR – Workshop: Networking 101
- Abdullah Snobar, Executive Director, Ryerson DMZ
- Eric Frielich, JD/MBA Candidate, Osgoode Hall Law School and Schulich School of Business
- Maayan Ziv, Founder/CEO, AccessNow
- Karl Martin, Founder and CTO, Nymi
- Jane Wang, CEO, Optimity
- Trevor Coleman, Founder/ Sr. Vice President, New Product Development, InteraXon